PROTECT YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH YOUR CHILD DURING AND AFTER DIVORCE
For couples with children, one of the most challenging aspects of separation and divorce is determining what is best for their child/children and how to provide for their stability and support.
As your attorney, I will help you negotiate a parenting plan that reflects your goals for your child/children. In the event that settlement of these issues is not possible, I will also explain how courts make decisions regarding children so that you can be prepared for trial.
Legal Guidance for Any Parent Facing Divorce
Virginia courts follow the general principle that children benefit from maintaining a relationship with both parents whenever possible. There are exceptions to this principle for cases involving domestic abuse, addiction and other factors that could pose a threat to the child's well-being. Custody and visitation arrangements vary depending upon what is best for the child/children. It is wise for parents to make decisions regarding custody and visitation, but if that is not possible through a settlement, I will prepare you for litigation of these issues. I have successfully represented clients with a wide range of goals concerning custody and visitation, including:
- Parents seeking to obtain sole custody or primary custody of a child
- Parents seeking to obtain shared custody of a child
- Parents seeking to modify or enforce visitation
- Grandparents or other parties with legitimate interests other than biological parents seeking to assert custody or visitation rights
- Parents seeking to receive child support and parents being asked to pay child support
Speak With an Experienced Child Custody, Visitation and Support Lawyer Today
Contact me to discuss custody, visitation and support of your child/children. You can call 757-409-8996 or email me to schedule an appointment.